Sunday, December 16, 2012

Favorites: Beauty Edition!!

I always am stuck with what I want to write about, so today I started to go through my closet and makeup drawer and I decided to make a post about what my favorites are! I will do 4 posts in this series, my favorite beauty products, hair, fashion, skin care. Today I am doing beauty! So let’s begin!
My Favorite…
1.       Face Primer: Tarte Cleanslate 12 Hour Perfecting Primer. This primer really keeps my foundation on and it makes it perfect (hence the name “perfect primer”). It really locks in my face products and during the day I don’t see my foundation smudge at all.

Eye Primer:  Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I love this primer, it really locks in my shadow and throughout the day it doesn’t crease at all, my biggest pet peeve is when my makeup creases or smudges, these 2 primers really help to keep my makeup staying in place.

2.       Foundation: Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Foundation. This foundation is perfect for people with combination to oily skin. It keeps my face shine free, and it looks natural if you blend it in right! I highly recommend this foundation. People with dry or normal skin also rave about this product.

3.       Concealer for Under Eye: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. This just camouflages my under eye dark circles. It can also highlight your brow bone if you bring it up to your cheek bones.

4.       All Over Face Concealer: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Duo. This can also be used for your under eye but I like to use it to hide redness, or blemishes on my face. It also comes with a powder in the duo that I like to set my concealer with, it really locks in the concealer.

5.       Setting Powder: Covergirl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder. I hate when my face is oily, it annoys me so much so what I love to do is just press this into my skin on top of my foundation and concealer and it really just keeps everything matte and flawless all day.

6.       Bronzer: Nars Laguna. It is the perfect color for contouring, I love this product especially when I want an all over complete look. I think bronzer is an essential for every makeup bag because it can completely transform a look.

7.       Blush: Benefit Coralista. I just think any of the box powders are amazing! I especially like this one because it is shimmery and you can use just a little and get such a nice glow!

8.       Highlighter: Sonia Kashuk Sheer Shimmering Highlighter. Try to say that 5 times fast! I like that this highlighter is liquid based, I think it works well with my skin type (combo-oily). It also just is perfect for getting the perfect glow on your cheekbones.

9.       Eye shadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked 2 . This palette comes with 12 pigmented, high quality shades that are perfect for everyone!  I love this palette; it comes with a 2 sided eye shadow brush, all over lid brush and crease brush. I love this palette; it is perfect for traveling or anyone starting out with makeup. It may be pricy but it is such a good deal!
 
10.   Mascara: Maybelline Mega Plush. To me, this mascara is just perfect. It’s a gel consistency so it will last for a long time. I also like to put the Revlon grow luscious mascara on first then put the mega plush because, 1. The lengthening mascara holds the curl and 2. It is suppose to make your lashes grow and I have seen a difference in the length in my eye lashes. With the lengthening and volume I get the perfect type of lashes.

11.   Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. This eyeliner is pigmented, smooth, glides on perfectly, and it stays in place. They also have many different colors, so that is also a plus.

12.   Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips. Baby Lips are the best lip balms I have ever had. Ok that is a little exaggerated, but seriously they are amazing! They last for 8 hours, seriously and they really keep your lips hydrated and smooth. Another plus, they are like $3.00 at the drugstore!

13.   Lip Balm Stain: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: Hydrating, Great Color, and Long lasting. What else do you need? They are also inexpensive and from the drugstore! I wear the balm stains all the time on my lips and they are the best!

14.   Lip Stick: Mac Lip Sticks. I think MAC is known for their lip sticks, I really like them! They come in all different finishes and colors!  

15.   Lip Gloss: Dior Addict Lip Polish. Great color is what I just love in my lip glosses and Dior has it! Lip gosses are the topping on your lips so you have to make sure it is the best. I really like Dior lip glosses because they aren’t sticky to me and I hate sticky lip glosses.
Thanks! Have a great Day and Happy Holidays!

- AM

No comments:

Post a Comment