Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Favorites: Skin Care!!

Hey!! Part 3!! Today I am talking about skin care, probably the most important part of this favorites series!! I do a lot of research in skin care just to make sure I know exactly what I am doing/ applying to my skin, I mean your skin is really important to you! So let’s begin!
Favorite…
1.      Face Wash: Cetaphil Cleanser is probably the best face wash I have ever had, it is my holy grail. Every time I run out I always end up going right back to Cetaphil. It is a very gentle cleanser made for all skin types that cleanses but doesn’t strip your skin of natural essential oils. I use this in the morning and at night!


2.      Face Moisturizer: I love the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer. It brightens and smoothes the skin, basically it is suppose to improve the tone and texture of the skin. It’s perfect for the morning because it isn’t too thick but just light enough for morning application. But you should always moisturize in the morning and night!

3.      Body Moisturizer: I like the Nivea Smooth Sensation daily body lotion. It’s not too thick for a daily lotion but it absorbs fast and for me it doesn’t leave an oily base on the top of my skin which I hate. I use this right when I get out of the shower.
4.      Under Eye Cream: Lush Enchanted Eye Cream is my favorite. For one thing it is all natural, which means no phosphates or parabens, which aren’t the best for your skin. Also it really is good for soothing the eye area and smoothing fine lines. I like to put this on after my toner and eye roller and just before my face moisturizer. Always Remember, DO NOT put eye cream right under the eye, it will irritate your eyes, always put it about an inch below the eye, the cream will crease up to the desired place and set into the skin. You just need a VERY small amount because a little goes along ways!
5.      Under Eye Roller: Now most of you will probably be saying “what the heck is an eye roller?” Well the Garnier Skin Renew Anti Puff Eye Roller is amazing. Sadly I do have puffiness underneath the eye area so I love to use this product every morning before moisturizer and it just reduces the puffiness and freshens my eye area. I love using this product, seriously it is a life savor! Using this product and the eye cream makes wonders for my eye area!

6.      Toner: I like the Breath of Fresh Air Toner from lush. It’s perfect for soothing the skin and calming it. I use this product at night before my moisturizer. The aloe vera cools the skin while rose and clarifying herbs sooth and balance skin.
7.      Body Wash: Dove Cool Moisture Body Wash. I like the cucumber and green tea scent. For one thing this moisturizes, cleanses, and calms the skin at once! It kills 3 things in one use!

8.      Face Scrub: St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub is my holy grail! I use it about 4 times a week; I like to use it at night. It really just deep cleans and gets all the buildup in my pores out. Apricots are great antioxidants that gently clean and nourish skin! This product brightens the complexion of your skin.

9.      Body Scrub: Ocean Salt from Lush is a great scrub. It really deep cleans your skin; it also isn’t so harsh on the skin which is also an advantage. The sea salt is perfect for really getting into the pores and zapping all the dirt, makeup, and oil build up to reveal fresh skin! It is also a face scrub! This product has avocado and coconut which is perfect for hydrating your skin; the vodka and lime works as an antibacterial property.

10.  Face Mask: My favorite right now is the Freeman Facial Clay Mask. Avocado and oatmeal (which is in the mask) are ideal for deep cleaning and softening the skin.

11.  Self Tanner: (1) St. Tropex Tan Bronzing Mousse is amazing! I love the way it gives such a natural tan and it isn’t streaky for me, they also have a mitten for application so that your hands don’t get that unruly irregular color between the fingers (self tanner’s worst nightmare!). (2) But if I want a gradual tan then I will use the Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Self Tanner.
12. Makeup Remover: I love the Mac Cleanse off Oil and Tranquil. I will use this then right after I wash my face, all my makeup will vanish, this really gets everything off. It also soothes the redness from irritating your eye area from the tugging of the lashes and eyes. It gets off waterproof mascara also, which is a major plus!

13.  Hand Cream:  Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is a great hand cream. I apply it in the morning and at night and my hands are always smooth. I hate when my hands are even a little dry and with the use of this hand cream I don’t have that problem, ever (especially since I am a germ phoebe).
Thank you!! Come back soon for a complete look for NYE (New Years Eve)!! Have a great day!!
- AM

No comments:

Post a Comment