Saturday, January 26, 2013

How I Curl My Hair: Everyday Curly Hair!!

Hey Lovelies!! So I haven't posted a new blog post in such a long time and I am so sorry for that; I have been in love with curling my hair for an everyday look so I decided why don't I show you how to do it also!! I like to use a regular curling iron to get looser and more "natural" curls, when using a wand I seem to get more tighter curls which I don't prefer for an everyday look!! I love the Conair Instant Heat 1 inch Curling Iron. I got it from Target last year and it is still going strong. I personally think Conair curling irons are great, I have another one that is 1/2 in and that also works great!! I think the 1 in just makes amazing curls!!


Before I curl my hair I always use heat protectant, I use the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray, it works with all heat products but I primarily use it for just curling my hair. If I do straighten it I will use the John Frieda Straight Heat Protectant. It is really important to use a heat protectant, it is essential to shield it from over heating and damaging or breaking the hair. I like to flip my head over and spray this on the front and back of my hair then brush it through with a wide toothed comb to distribute it all over my hair evenly.


When I curl my hair I split my hair into 2 parts, from the top of the ear and up; I first work with the bottom section. I like to wrap the hair around the curling iron away from my face. I keep the hair smooth on the surface of the iron, if you keep it like bunched up it will come out with a different curl. I like to keep my ends out of the curl so I don't damage them and get split ends.

I hold it for 10 - 20 seconds, on 9 which is probably 200 - 250 degrees.


After I am done I like to drop the curl into my palm and hold it there for 5 seconds while it curls off.




Usually I don't like to put any product on my hair after I curl it but if I did I would put a pea size amount of the John Frieda Secret Weapon Finishing Creme. I scrunch it into my hair and it just tames frizz and adds some more curl and shine. I would also spray some Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Volumizing Hair Spray to add volume and keep the curl all throughout the day. I also like to scrunch this after spraying to add more of a curl.



First picture is when it is completely done (without hairspray and finishing creme). I flip my hair over and shake it a little and this is the complete finished look in the second picture. Now I am completely done!! You can add a braid, twist, clip or any hair accessory to add more glam!!

Thanks!! Hope you try this out!! If you do, send me a picture on twitter!! https://twitter.com/FashionForwardA

- AM

Have a great day!! Do you have any techniques or products you love to use for curling your hair, let me know in the comments!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment